How And Why My Blissful "Phonemance" Experience With Nokia Is Threatened By Windows OS

Unknown | 12:37 pm | 0 comments

Phonemance, Nokia lumia 720, Windows, Gadget Review, Phone Review
How And Why My Blissful "Phonemance" Experience With Nokia Is Threatened By Windows OS
My "Phonemance" With Nokia Was More Blissful Than A Fairy Tale Until Windows Possessed Nokia Like The Legion, Its Annoying!

I’m a “dyed-in-the-wool” Nokia user. My friends know that. I’m a self-acclaimed Nokia Brand Ambassador. I promote Nokia like I get paid handsomely to do it. I have never used any other brand of phone. My cousin gave me a blackberry and I sold it. If Nokia was my wife, I’m the most faithful husband ever, never cheated on her. My first love was Nokia 3310, I played Space Impact like crazy. I have even won a Nokia phone on a Facebook Nokia picture contest before. I just love the simplicity, durability, functionality, navigation, etc. of Nokia. I currently have 3 good Nokia phones though I don’t use all of them. I just love the value I get from all my Nokia phones.

But all that is perishing fast and furiously with my recent purchase of a black Nokia Lumia 720 Windows Phone (Amber). I love the design and size of Nokia Lumia 720 but.... It’s unbelievably annoying that I can’t perform some SIMPLE BASIC FUNCTIONS I’ve known and loved Nokia for. It’s with difficulty that you perform some of them. Below is the list of a few of the numerous  I want to share.

RINGTONE: It’s so unbelievable that I need a computer before I can set a custom ringtone. Jeez! What if I don’t have a computer? That is so messed up. Since carrying out simple function on one’s phone requires a computer, you should hand out a free computer for every Nokia Lumia windows phone purchased! Why can’t I set a custom ringtone for sms and IM messages? I always set these tones to something that harmonize with my being and greatly improve my Nokia experience. THIS WAS A SIMPLE BASIC FUNCTION ON NOKIA WITHOUT WINDOWS.

MUSIC PLAYER: I can’t find any stop button. Imagine having a car with no brakes. You can’t edit the songs if the title was incorrect. 9 out of 10 times when I use the “add to now playing” function, it doesn’t work! Creating a simple playlist and adding songs to it is like coding for a novice. Mind you I’m a power Nokia user yet it’s difficult to me, I can imagine the agony of a non-power user.

SMS MESSAGING: I always create sms folders in my Nokia without windows. That way I sort my sms messages effectively and efficiently and eliminate clutter. That feature has effectively denied me in Lumia 720. If a contact has more than one numbers, how do you send the text to your preferred number? The Nokia I’m used to will pop up the different numbers and you choose the one want to send an sms message to. The windows Nokia don’t do that. Text preview cannot be disabled, it should be optional and not forced on users. In 2013 I’m suffering the same issue that people complained bitterly about on windowsphone site in 2011. Do they listen to their users at all or do they just force their deficiencies on users.

UNNAMED NUMBER: Few days ago, numbers that I have already saved with names on my phone stopped showing the names when these people call. It made me look like a fool when I ask these people who they are.

LOCATION: I hate the fact that almost every app I want to install keeps asking for my location even when the app has nothing whatsoever in its functionality to do with one’s location. I like my privacy. With all the Snowden breach of privacy x-files out there it seemed as if spying is more important to them than building a great app.

CALL HANDLING: Sometimes you don’t want to pick a call and you don’t want to ignore or cut the call either. In the old Nokia which I love so much you have the option to silence the call while it rings to the end. With these windows Nokia you can’t do that. You become a nuisance with the embarrassing noise pollution coming from your ringing phone that you can’t silence.

FILE TRANSFER: I can’t send video files via bluetooth. I take a video of my friend and I can’t just send it to him right there via bluetooth? Seriously?! Even when you are able to send other files via Bluetooth, you have to first of all turn the bluetooth on. Bluetooth option should naturally appear when you press “SHARE” making navigation easy with reduced press and click of buttons.

LIMITED ACCESS TO SD: There is limited access to removable memory storage. It doesn’t give option of where to install apps. There are some apps I won’t like to install on the internal memory, the windows Nokia won’t let me do that.

There are lots more but I’m just sharing the most ANNOYING. If this things cannot be fixed, I’m afraid I have to divorce Nokia.


Category: , , ,

About Techgrity.blogspot.com:
Techgrity.blogspot.com Is A Collection Of Top Quality Tips, News, Ideas, Views, Information, Previews On Adsense, Blogging, Gadgets, Reviews, SEO, Social Media, Information Technology, Templates, Traffic On The Web! Techgrity.blogspot.com Is Your Online Library That Promotes Technological Ideas, Knowledge And Innovation By Showcasing Only The BEST Resources On The Web

0 comments